Tuesday, February 22, 2005

MONDAY Ver. 2.0

Can there be anything worse than a week with two Mondays?

Not surprisingly, I'm sputtering along, swilling coffee like a madman and hoping UPS delivers some inspiration.

• First on today's agenda is getting a handle on whether CNN did or did not violate federal firearms laws in their Paula "The Zipper" Zahn's report on .50 caliber rifles. I'm waiting to hear from the Powers-That-Be, and I'll keep pestering them until they cough up an opinion.

• In the meantime, ponder this tidbit from Michele Malkin, the Condi Rice action figure:
Dressed in navy blue pant suit, powder blue blouse & imitation faux pearl necklace included.
Also note that the same company makes the Hillary Clinton action figure, which comes with a philandering husband instead of faux pearls. I'm thinking a remake of MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch...

• Science fiction god Jerry Pournelle (The Mercenary, one of the greatest science fiction books ever written, IMHO) is probably the World's First Blogger. Over the years he's penned a series of "Pournelle's Laws;" he recently added a new one after a WSJ story on climate change:
One of Pournelle's Laws states "You can prove anything if you can make up your data." I will now add another Pournelle's Law: "You can prove anything if you can keep your algorithms secret."
Words to live by!

• Finally, from Claire Wolfe, my Offensive Bumper Sticker of the Week, this from a Cafe Press left-wing arnarchist shop (and, yes, I realize that is oxymoronic!):

My Other Ballot Is An AK-47

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:55 AM

    Heh. 99% of the worlds scientist believe global warming is a reality and the evidence is all around us. Pournelle is a long way from being a scientist but he is a right wing nut case. He writes geat science fiction but has always been a blowhard gasbag. So stick your head in the sand if you want. Thats what conservatives do with everything they don't like.

    ReplyDelete