Thursday, May 05, 2005

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

I was born one mornin', it was drizzlin' rain
Bad luck and trouble are my middle name
I was raised in the canebrake by an ol' mama lion
Cain't no-a high-toned woman make me walk the line

Merle Travis
"16 Tons"

It has always cracked me up that Merle Travis wrote "16 Tons" and "Dark as a Dungeon," two of the greatest American folk songs, on deadline, getting ready for a recording session the next day. I bring it up here because today is my birthday! That's right, I'm 28 years young! And if you believe that, you'll also believe that I wrote "16 Tons!" Actually, I'm 55 and do, indeed, owe my soul to the company store.

My Sweetie gave me a really cool "Day of the Dead" mask from Mexico and a pair of world-class motorcycle boots from Caboots.com. Tonight we're going to eat sushi. I feel obligated to buy myself a gun, since I always buy myself a gun on my birthday. I'm still stuck in a single action mode, so I'm thinking either the Ruger Blackhawk 50th Anniversary special edition Flattop .357 or one of the Ruger short-barreled birdshead .45 Colts (and have Competitive Edge Gunworks fit it with a 5-shot cylinder so I can shoot Big Boomers in it).

It's even sunny, and the damn snow is melting!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Michael!

Anonymous said...

55 on 5/5/05?
Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, young'un.

Now you're eligible for the senior's discount at Furr's Cafeteria in Dallas.

Jerry The Geek said...

Happy Birthday, Michael.

You're almost as good-looking as I am, and you have more hair.

Life is good ... when you're still around to enjoy it.

"Don't make me drive -- 55!"

jB)

Half X said...

Oakley Frogskins is usually made vbigyfh by plastic, nylon or maybe metal. They come in lots of colours, types, sizes and have absolutely plenty connected with coloured upgraded lenses. Oakley Frogskin for holidays need to be wide framework with big lenses. As long as you're shopping on the net for Cheap Oakley Sunglasses, don't forget to order the gadgets that go along with them. Let's head out straight to the issue and say you choose Oakley Jawbone that fit is very important of your mind and scalp. Oakley Jawbones act like clothes as, if there're too substantial or modest, you'll finish up fidgeting about it.