Monday, June 22, 2009

Me & My 1911

I didn't finish the Para Retro-Expert in time, so I defaulted to my Heinie Springfield 1911A1, which has run just fine. Today I used handloads with 230-gr LaserCast bullets and 231, just making IPSC Major.

I finished the day 3 down...no excuses...pulled the trigger when the sights weren't on the target. Sadly, I was moving at glacial speeds...range officers were reduced to using an hourglass inststead of a shot timer!

It's way big fun to be competing again, even if it's taking me longer to ramp backup than I'd expected (there's a surprise!). I would like to turn my '97 shotgun into a lamp...I have never seen such a contrary beast in my life...it can find more ways to malfunction in 6 rounds than one can imagine!


-- Post From The Road

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOMETIMES THE BUG SOMETIMES THE WINDSHILD



tbug

DonWorsham said...

Like the hat.

seeker_two said...

Y'all really need to open up the Wild Bunch matches to big-bore DA revolvers (think Triple-Lock-types). Those guns were good enough to keep everyone in line....including stubborn Winchester '97's....

Chaz said...

You shooting that Chicom version or the original Winchester? If it's the Chicom, there's your problem, pardner. I don't think that even the best gunsmiths can make one of those do right over the long haul.
Wanna buy a take down M97 I just happen to have in the safe? :-p

Anonymous said...

Michael that hat was made for you.