Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Meanwhile, Back in Louisiana...

Am commuting to Shreveport, but am hopeful that I will return to normalcy no later than Thanksgiving. In the meantime, expect slow blogging.

Saturday morning at the New Secret Hidden Bunker coyotes woke me up about 5AM. Howling, growling, general yapping...it was like waking up in a NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC special. Given all the racket, I suspect  they brought down a small deer...they usually aren't that noisy about rabbits. The coyotes are doing a pretty good job of keeping out of my sight, which is substantially better for their health. But they seem to be getting braver. I've got to sight in the Ruger American .22 that I popped an old Weaver 1-3x on...I figure it'll be the medicine gun for coyotes.

I'm kinda excited about the Ruger LCR in 9mm. As I mentioned on the podcast, I've been carrying the Ruger LCR while I'm on the road, loaded with .38 Corbon DPX. If the 9mm LCR works well, I may go down that path. The 9mm is build on the heavier .357 platform.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very interested in the LCR 9mm. It has real potential. We have a ton of coyotes here in CT, they are a real nuisance. They scarf up pets and have no fear of people.
Gerard

George said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
George said...

Michael, on you podcast you mentioned a double rifle in .22 Hornet is good for rabid rabbits. Is it more powerful than the "Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM9Bynjh2Lk

Fibber Magee said...

S&W had a 9mm revolver that didn't need moon clips that they discontinued a few years back.
The one I had would shoot to "minute of barn" with the right ammo. Finally gave up and swapped it off.
Does the 9mm LCR use moon clips?
5 rounds or six?

Rastus said...

Neat little airport in Shreveport. Feels like a throwback to the 60's....or at least it did for me a couple of years ago.

Tommy775 said...

I've been a Ruger fan for a lotta years, and they only seem to get better. If you're interested in the LCR 9mm, drop by your local gun shop and pull the trigger on the new LC9s, a striker-fired little semi- that really performs. Bought one immediately...have put 100+ rds through it with no gliches whatsoever. My new carry gun.

kmitch200 said...

Fibber, yes on the moon clips, 5 rds.
The old S&W 547(?) had quite the number of itty bitty parts to make that extractor work. $$$$

Michael Bane said...

I'm really uncomfortable with revolver ejection systems for rimless cartridges that appear to be designed by Rube Goldberg. Occam's Razor would tend to indicate that moon clips are the way to go!

mb