I'm going to say harsh things here.
We are at war. We do not need candlelight vigils, piles of teddy bears, changes to everyone's Facebook profile pages…
We do not need to spend millions of dollars to pour though the shooter's life, writings, computers, phone records in the hopes of find some tiny bit of evidence that allows our purported leaders to a straw to grasp — "Oh, he was crazy…he was anti-gay…he was involved in workplace violence." Anything but the obvious, that we are under attack and the enemy is inside the gates. There are here, and they want to kill us, and they are willing to kill us.
Why a gay nightclub? Try this…in April, a noted Islamic scholar was invited to speak in Florida at the Husseini Islamic Center:
The Husseini Islamic Center of Sanford, FL invited Sheikh Farrokh Sekaleshfar to speak at their Mosque. Dr. Sekaleshfar says the killing of homosexuals is the compassionate thing to do. In a 2013 speech Sheikh Sekaleshfar said this regarding gays, “Death is the sentence. We know there’s nothing to be embarrassed about this, death is the sentence … We have to have that compassion for people, with homosexuals, it’s the same, out of compassion, let’s get rid of them now.”
When Sheikh Sekaleshfar calls for the death of all homosexuals based on the tenets of Islam it can not be ignored, he is an expert on Shariah Islamiyya or Islamic Law.
It does not matter that the shooter didn't have an Official Jihadist Member Card and decoder ring; it doesn't matter whether the shooter was in contact with Afghanistan, Pakistan or Mars; it doesn't matter whether the shooter had an ISIS flag or a Lady Gaga poster tacked up on the wall of his bedroom. He was a soldier in a war of extermination…against us. It doesn't matter whether he was ordered to kill or inspired to kill by ISIS ideology. The results, blood, are the same.
As terrorism expert and author of DEFEATING JIHAD Sebastian Gorka said today, "We have to wake up. The war is here."
However valiant they might be, the police can't save you. The FBI can't save you. Obama can't save you.
There is only one first responder you can GUARANTEE will be on the scene, and that first responder is YOU.
1) Dont just be armed, be proficient in the gun you carry! I have been flayed alive for saying you should be able to make a 25-yard head shot and a 50-yard torso shot with your carry gun. I stand by that statement, and, in fact, double down on it. If you can't make those shots with the gun you presently carry, change guns! Get the training. Do you carry extra ammunition? I certainly didn't back in the day, but I sure as hell do so now.
2) You must have some trauma medical training, or at the very least be carrying a basic trauma kit that INCLUDES a tourniquet that you know how to use. There was a 3-hour lag time in the Orlando attack…THREE HOURS!...you can bleed out in 3 minutes. Once again, you must accept that no one is coming to save you, or the person next to you who is bleeding out. It is on you!
3) For God's sake, be aware! I will say again that you need to think long and hard about going to events held in gun-free zones. They are killing grounds, and that will not change. It is a decision you must make on your own, and I will not go on record as saying you should break the law, but it is your choice whether to be armed or not, regardless of where you are.
4) Consider a small bag that includes addition medical gear, especially an extra tourniquet, and a spare magazine or 2. What might you need in those 3 minutes, or 3 hours, until help comes?
5) All I've heard this morning over and over was, "We can't believe this could happen here." Believe it. I said in my opening that we don't need candlelight vigils, and I know you probably thought that was cruel. It was, because what we need to do while we grieve is to redouble our personal commitment to protect ourselves, to protect our families, to protect those people under our care. We must do this, or we will be killed.
My team and I have spent most of this year creating a "Mass Casualty Event" for THE BEST DEFENSE. My sole reason reason for pushing this through is the save lives. We knew this was coming, and we know that this is not the last attack. We will, on my word, get the special up as quickly as we can.
We are at war. It is time for us to pick up the sword and shield.