Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Good Day at the Range...

..was really fun, working with the guys from Tactical Solutions, Paul Erhardt from SIGARMS and pro shooter Daniel Horner at the north of LA. Today's subject was "The Zen of .22s," a pretty regularly requestion SG show.

The TacSol .22s are just wonderful to shoot...light, accurate, superbly balanced and way, way cool! I'm thinking of working a deal with them on the creation of a SHOOTING GALLERY anodized yellow Ruger .22 pistol, which we'll give away at the SHOT Show or somesuch.

Paul Erhardt, a good friend as well as the Marketing Director of SIGARMS, bought out a bunch of SIG Mosquitos, their new .22 pistol. Essentially, it's a little bitty Siggy thing, 90% of the size of a 226. I like it a lot, because it's almost exactly the size and feel of my carry SIG 225 single stack. I hadn't really considered buying a Mosquito because I couldn't think of a thing in the world to do with it. However, after shooting it, it has a lot of potential as a training device. I like training with .22s, because it's 1) cheap, 2) easy on my blown elbow and 3) every bit as effective as training with full caliber weapons.

What was really fun was shooting a Mosquito fitted with a prototype suppressor and a natty mount for a red dot sight. Nice toy! It crys out to be inserted into an official Man From Uncle briefcase, along with an FNH P90...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man! You have the coolest job EVER. When will we see this episode? It sounds great and I love 22s so this is for me.