Thursday, September 01, 2005

You Loot; We Shoot

This from the NYT:
Some frightened homeowners took security into their own hands.

John Carolan was sitting on his porch in the thick, humid darkness just before midnight Tuesday when three or four young men, one with a knife and another with a machete, stopped in front of his fence and pointed to the generator humming in the front yard, he said.

One said, "We want that generator," he recalled.

"I fired a couple of rounds over their heads with a .357 Magnum," Mr. Carolan recounted Wednesday. "They scattered."

He smiled and added, "You've heard of law west of the Pecos. This is law west of Canal Street."
Here's something to remember when the gun/antigun rhetoric seems like so much "he said/she said:" The ownership and ability to use firearms is the difference between huddling in fear and being able to protect your own and the lives of the people you love. There's a red spray-painted sign on the Chartres Market, where I've spent many shaky mornings buying aspirin..."You Loot We Shoot."

Hang on, guys!

Guns save lives! Believe it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had sold off all my handguns and shotguns many years ago when, quite frankly, my drinking got out of hand and I feared the worst for myself and others. Having pulled my head out of my ass since then, getting sober and reassessing things, I purchased a couple pistols and a Mossberg 500 for the pleasure of shooting once again. Watching the Katrina footage, seeing those photos in the papaers, reading some really awful stories of humans turning one one another; I bought another shotgun and two more pistols. You want what I have for me and mine in a crisis? Bring friends!

Anonymous said...

Shoot back at looters let them know we dont tolorate looters