I meant to do this last night, but I was a sleepy puppy.
Six months or so ago I handicapped the big players for the Joint Combat Pistol...here's my new improved Top 5 for the Combat Pistol:
5) H-K...there's still a lot of lingering stink around the mercifully dead XM-8 project, but they do a lot of lunches inside the Beltway.
4) S&W...the M&P in .45 looks tailor-made for the CP, but initial response from the law enforcement has been lukewarm.
3) SIGARMS...been there; done that; got the t-shirt and the contract...biggest drawback is the lure of plastics to keep frame weight down.
2) Springfield Armory...the new XD in .45, with its ultra-thin frame specs, got a lot of people's attention; but can the XD survive the Trials?
1) FNH...the "secret backroom .45 pistol" FNH has been showing to military honchos has lots of mojo, and FNH has a long relationshio with SOCOM...
In truth, that list changes hourly...hopefully, I'll get to shoot the FNH pistol at the NRA Show in May.