Thursday, May 18, 2006

Check Out My New MOUNTAIN BIKE


It's a Gary Fisher 29-inch mountain bike, pretty much set up for riding fire roads, which is mostly what my Sweetie and I do. Notice that it's so new I haven't even pulled the "legally mandated" reflectors off it.

My Sweetie and I roadies at heart, and the mountain biking just supplements the road rides. Where I live, there are some great fire roads leading up to old mining ghost towns, etc. I wanted to try the larger 29-inch wheels (same size as 700C road wheels) because I thought that might work better for road transitional stuff.

I've had really serious dual-suspension mountain bikes, but since I never really do ay serious mountain biking it seemed like overkill.

I'll let you know how it works!

3 comments:

Michael Bane said...

Geez, Sweeney...you need to get outside more!

mb

Countertop said...

Use to ride (and race) a dual suspension bike. I rode them for about 10 years or so - from about 90/91 until 2001 when my last one was stolen. Insurance gave me a buttload of cash, but with my wife pregnant and the realization of how dumb it is to race down a narrow trail at 40 mph hitting me I opted for a titanium hard tail and haven't looked back since.

Robert House said...

sweet 29'er!