Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Working Hard This Week...

So a little behind here...Marshal is working like crazy to sort out how badly DRTV got clobbered yesterday. The site is still not 100%, but Marshal and Teresa are doing yeoman's work to get it all back online. It reminds me how vulnerable we all are here in the technological web.

I think this week we're may need to declare a PODCAST HOLIDAY until the site is 100%. I'll talk to Marshal this morning, but my inclination is to not add tasks on top of problems. We'll make a decision a little later this AM.

Meanwhile, the reprehensible 'hos at Brady issues this drivel yesterday:  
 It was wrong that a brutal killer and convicted felon was able to arm himself with a military-style semiautomatic assault weapon.? It is wrong that our Nation’s weak and nearly non-existent gun laws make these deadly weapons so easily available to dangerous people. We owe it to these law enforcement officers to do what police leaders across America have been urging and do more to keep these weapons off our streets and out of the hands of dangerous people. 
Yeah, right...more laws would have stopped a man who was banned from possessing a gun from getting a gun and committing multiple murder, which, last I checked, was illegal even in California. The four hero Oakland cops died because the California penal system failed and put a bad man back on the street, and the men in blue had to step in to protect the community. They were soldiers of America...mourn them.

I note that John Kerry, who is lobbying for Teddy Kennedy's role as class fool, is bleating about Mexico. I'm proud to say that my analogy of ending the First Amendment to protect the delicate ears of Our Neighbors to the North has gotten some traction on the Internet.

If you're contacting your Congresscritters on the lunacy of destroying American rights to prop up a crumbling narco-state south 'o the border, feel free to steal my analogy!

I gotta go figure out how to put a Ching sling on an AR...I think it requires a third hand and that face-ripping chimpanzee, so I could be in trouble.

20 comments:

Dr. Coyote said...

>>I gotta go figure out how to put a Ching sling on an AR...

I was stumped on this too. Found the right pivots at:
http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/Sling%20Mounts%20&%20Slings.htm

Soverign said...

Oh yea, more laws will make us all more safe.
Just like probation made America sober in the 20's.

Geoff aka Pathfinder said...

Podcast - day late is fine with me, there is precedent.

I'm already having DRTV withdrawal - don't make me replay Gresham's podacast, I need variety - er - diversity!

nj_larry said...

Pathfinder is right...I got the shakes and I'm getting these chills like I have the flu...I am about to call the doctor but I just know he won't be able to treat me...I NEED MY FIX DAMMIT !!!

ericire12 said...

I WANT MY MTV!

Anonymous said...

GrInterviewer: HAL, you have an enormous responsibility on this mission, in many ways perhaps the greatest responsibility of any single mission element. You're the brain, and central nervous system of the ship, and your responsibilities include watching over the men in hibernation. Does this ever cause you any lack of confidence?
HAL: Let me put it this way, Mr. Amor. The 9000 series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error.

Ratcatcher55

ericire12 said...

You know..... an open thread would have been nice for us DRTV members in our time of need :)

vmijpp said...

Re the Ching Sling on the AR... if you have a quadrail forearm, like the M&P-15T, I'm thinking a pair of GG&G Sling Things might serve for the two forward points. As for the rear...

Anonymous said...

Gotta...have...Downrange...forum...laptop...not...functioning...without...

I feel your pain Marshall and Michael. "I just want you to know we're all counting on you...I guess I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue" (obscure Airplane reference).

Good Luck! Greg aka TexGun

Anonymous said...

Anonymous wrote
HAL:
We are all, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error.

Sounds like the arogance of arrogance DC Politicians.

Anonymous said...

I couldn’t find the raw URL but Angela has an excellent VID link on her site that I would highly recommend watching

http://angela-stevens.com/archives/what-the-2nd-amendment-is-really-for/

Anonymous said...

Wonder how Kerry thinks those alegged Ak's got South of the Border. Woops , oh wait theres no ned for more Border Patrol or a fence and checkpoints or troops.
Any which would have slowed the flow of drugs North or the supposed Ak flow South.
I also wonder if Narco soldiers even bother with semi autos when the could get full autos from - oh say Russia or China or maybe Venezuala.

Anonymous said...

Help............
I'm having withdrawals.....

cookie62

Anonymous said...

Good Luck MARSHALL

tumblebug

George said...

Hey Marshal,
You should have hosted it on a Mac! ;-)

I've been jonesing for the forums too! I want my DRTV!

If the podcast won't be this week, an acceptable substitute would be the ProArms podcast:
http://proarms.podbean.com/

-George, aka FullAuto

CZShooter said...

I'm sure I speak for the DRTV gang when I say we're there for you Marshall & M'ette...and we appreciate all your efforts.

-CZShooter

Rastus said...

No podcast....why could this have not happened on Thursday? Dang.

Rastus said...

And....oh yeah,....this catastrophe is a good way to preface thinking into the new Best Defense. Imagine if some rogue country exploded a nuke at say...in the upper atmosphere or a bit higher centered East-West on the US-Canadian border. EMP would take out more than a server or two...but hey, that's not possible is it? I mean, there aren't any rogue countries with nukes and missiles out there right now....are there? Hussein Obama is going to protect us, right?

HA! And we told Pakistan we'd bomb them back into the stone age, eh? Hit us with EMP and it would be worse. Most of the continental US without electricity, your car ignition shot...the spare parts on the shelf fried, the plant that makes the spare ignition computer chips overseas.

But hey, BHO says we own a car manufacturer....that's going to help.

No electricity, no water or sewer for cities, no transportation...no food coming in. Oops...no elevators, no jobs. Communication down, now credit cards...forget checks these days there was time when people were basically honest and checks could be used. Banks offline (also owned by the government...aren't we in good hands) so you can't get to your money...they don't even know if it exists until someone builds a new computer that can get to...hopefully, a drive that still has the files on it...hoping it didn't get fried. Cash is king...how much do you have at home?

Oops...no 911, no communications. Police can't drive to you anyway..cars don't work, the ignition is fried.

Several months before things come back online in appreciable numbers. Yep..but no worries...it can't happen here, can it? No need to prepare for..oh say months? Got a garden? Heck, do you even own a shovel, rake or a hoe?

Anonymous said...

And this all happened just days before the "peckerwood" virus is supposed to hit. And to think that the world depends on computers and there's no way that the whiz-kids that invented this stuff can find to protect the system. I think that was caused by their immature-over-confidence in our fellow man. You know, no one will hurt you, everyone is your friend, the government is here to help you, AND you don't NEED guns to protect yourself.
(By the way, my neighbors had a "home invasion" burglary at there house the other day and it took the sheriff's department almost 3 hours to get there! That contrasts to the "You don't NEED a gun theory.)
Watch your own backs!
Life Member

devietro said...

Well with no podcast I dont know what the hell I am going to listen to while I am fishing tommorow. But I will forgive you for now. Also I feel the need to mention that you mentioned a holster on last week or maybe even 2 weeks ago that is a 2 piece holster with a snap connecting the two, I have been searching DRTV for a picture of this holster but dont remember much about it. Could someone lead me to a link?