Monday, January 23, 2012

Gee Whiz...Nursing SHOT Hangover...

Man, I can't seem to catch up on my sleep! Maybe by tomorrow, when Alf the Wonder Beagle has to go in to get a tooth pulled. Better her than me, I suppose...

I'm working on a SHOT round-up for this week's DOWN RANGE Radio podcast. I'm definitely calling the 2012 Show the "Year of the .22 LR." I think there are several reasons, but I want to highlight and discuss 4 for Wednesday:
• The Great Ammo Shortage of 2009/10 
• Gun Culture Ver. 2.0 discovering that guns are fun to shoot
 • Enhanced training opportunities with the .22
• The canny marketing of companies like Umarex and GSG
I also want to talk about the abrupt acceptance of the .300 AAC Blackout and the "suppress everything" movement, which is now in full swing.

2 comments:

Mo said...

I'm glad to hear the 300 AAC is catching on. Looking forward to finding out who will be offering what in that chambering.

Anonymous said...

while I appreciate Robert Silvers's ability to hype/market his caliber and AAC's suppressors especially on the interent, I hope that the more discriminating gun and suppressor purchasers realize that this is just a reincarnation of the J.D. Jones created .300 Whisper. Had the internet been around 15 to 20 years ago, everybody would have Whisper/.300-221 Fireball uppers and suppressors to match. They would be asking "Blackout what?" The .300 Blackout is nothing more than an AK round with AK round like performance with a .223 headstamp. Robert will be along shortly, I reckon.