Tuesday, July 17, 2012

CT Midnight 3-Gun!

Good Lord, I'm tired!

Got back to the hotel in Bend at 5 AM; It's now 11 and I'm wide awake. This can't be good! Match Day 1 was pretty spectacular, a frakin' incredible opportunity to shoot weapons systems you normally never get the chance to handle, much less running crazily through the night whacking targets with them. How about a whole stage with a PWS SBR and night vision goggles? 200 yard shots with a new Colt 901 .308 and night vision?  Pretty amazing vision of a match from Iain Harrison and his crew of ne'er-do-wells!

My shooting, you ask reasonably? Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...not so much. Aside from being so slow I'm being timed with an hour glass, I'm making lotsa mistakes...mostly blowing past targets I should have engaged. In my defense, I will say I've never been at my best at 3 AM! LOL

Gear is working well, and the high-lumen Streamlight protos are definitely helping. I'm going to WD-40 stuff tonight and change batteries on the flame-throwers.

We're filming with night vision, various IR toys and weird lights for SHOOTING GALLERY. Should be mega-cool episode.

Did I mention I'm on the super squad, with Daniel Horner, Kalani Laker, Jesse Tischhauser, etc.? Sigh...

I think I'm going to give up even pretending to rest and go get some food. It'll take me a couple of hours to sort gear...me and pal Alam Samuel's chick magnet minivan looks like and explosion in a gun store.

Oh yeah, my AP Tactical custom holster rig for the Ruger SR9 in fetching zombie florescent green is a big hit...hey, if you can't win, go for style points!


Old Windways said...

Oh yeah, my AP Tactical custom holster rig for the Ruger SR9 in fetching zombie florescent green is a big hit.

This is useless without pictures!

Mark V. said...

No photos...didn't happen

Pathfinder said...

MB - this blog and the DRTV site are both infested with words in your blog converted to hyperlinks to crappy ads. Have Marshal look into this please? I pinged him on DRTV but then I saw it here too.

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing.