Saturday, April 19, 2014

Patriots' Day...

...if it doesn't ring a bell, look it up! Two hundred thirty nine years ago today the embattled farmers stood and fired the shots heard 'round the world. Today is also the anniversary of the beginning of the Warsaw Ghetto uprising. Two shining beacons of freedom in a world growing steadily darker.

I spent today at a cowboy match. I shot pretty well, but slower than I'd like. Didn't miss any shots and was extremely consistent, but couldn't quite find overdrive. I was very pleased with my shotgun, however. I focus on "firing on reset," pulling the trigger for the second barrel on the Browning BSS as soon as the trigger resets. I don't think about moving the gun to the next target; rather, I just cut my eyes toward the second target and the gun does the rest. My speed has improved hugely, and I rarely miss a shotgun target anymore. Thank you, "Non Stop!"

Just picked up my GP-100 competition revolver completely overhauled by Cylinder & Slide...WOW! What an absolutely amazing job! I think I'm going to do a full feature on this revolver for DRTV. I'll get some pictures up on the blog tomorrow!

4 comments:

kmitch200 said...

233 yrs is a pretty good run for a Democratic Republic.

Sadly, the children and grandchildren of this generation won't know what REAL freedom is....unless there is a drastic change.

CJ said...

April 21, San Jacinto Day.
The battle only lasted 18 minutes, but the results was the Republic of Texas.

JohninMd.(too late?!??) said...

4/20....Uhhh, like, Happy Easter, duuude....

DamDoc said...

patriots day.. holiday only in mass and me (maine was once part of mass... thank god they straightened that snafu out)......