Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The First Blog Post...

...from the New Secret Hidden Bunker! Solar electrical system working well...generator not yet on-line, but should be by the end of the week...water and septic systems on-line...dual propane hot water/under-floor heating systems on on-line...Internet obviously on-line...robotic defense systems armed...fallout shelter partially stocked...satellite teevee instal later this afternoon...nervous breakdown...pending...

Anticipate actual residency early next week!

Suspect wind generator component of the redundant/redundant power systems will go in sooner rather than later, depending on whether I have 2 nickels left to rub together.

All in all, it's pretty neat!

BTW, I really didn't explain why I thought the Ares Defense SCR was such an important product. Obviously, the AR-15 platform is overwhelming the most popular rifle in America. Realistically, at this point in the product cycle the vast majority of people who wanted to get into the AR system have already done so (and the other 6 of you ought to buy right now while the prices are low, low, low...my CDNN flyer for this week offered an incredible selection of ARs for prices I haven't seen in years.

There does, however, remain a portion of our market that has not bought into the system, largely because they don't like the way the ARs look. That's not particularly irrational...I'll wager ev ery one of us has purchased a firearm because we liked the way it looked. Inverse Q.E.D., there are firearms we don't purchase because we don't like the way they look. There are also for some people issues with the ARs pistol grip ergonomics...pistol grips work just great, but some shooters just despise them for their own personal ergonomics.

The SCR brings the AR-15 platform to that group of shooters/hunters. If you want the traditional ergonomics and the advantages of the most versatile rifle system on the planet, you can have it. Remember, we live in a "have it your way" universe. Ares has a wood stock in the works, and there already are a number of AR wood furniture sets (like these from Brownell's). I envision an SCR with wood furniture and maybe woodland green or gray Ceracote on the metal parts. Would make a sharp looking rifle! At least, not nearly as weird looking as a Rhino .357!




7 comments:

Sheepdog1968 said...

So Michael, does your new house every morning run a self-diagnostic and say "I'm completely operational and my circuits are functioning perfectly"?

Yes, I am the one of the 6 who didn't like the way the AR looks. I'm very exicted about this new AR, especially with wood furniture, especially in 458 SOCOM.

Michael Bane said...

I'm trying to get the house programmed to say, "On every day and in every way, Michael is getting better and better...now GET THE HELL UP AND GO TO WORK!!!"

Geoff at Ares told me the .458 platform absolutely rocked on the SCR lower. You're going to be very very happy!

mb

DamDoc said...

Im sorry Michael, I cant open the pod bay door... or start the backup generator....

kmitch200 said...

I thought you'd go for: I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!

(just kidding...now put down the rock)

PlzenPlinker said...

Somehow I am sure Mein Legislature will ensure I can't get the SCR, but that is a more appealing AR variant to me. I just don't like the look and feel of most of the AR styles I handled, and had better things to spend money on. I was smart enough to but 30 round mags before the 'law' changed.

Congrats on the near-occupancy.

Overload in Colorado said...

Congratulations! Welcome to the front range. Looks like it's gonna be a great weekend. You should get the Honda up and running and go for a ride. I'm planning on riding the Diavel over to the Tasty Weasel (Oskar Blues) in Longmont on Sunday if the weather holds.

Charlie Foxtrot said...

I've got terminal EBR disease, and I still want an Ares lower. I could take my beloved Daniel Defense 6.8 AR upper, mate it to the Ares lower, and take it hunting without freaking out all the GOBs.

I assume the Bolt Carrier has to be changed out for each new upper used. I don't think that'll be a show stopper.