Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Is It Wednesday?

I'm baking salmon with tomatoes and basil tonight. The basil and tomatoes are the last from the garden. I took a brief break from writing today to process the sauce tomatoes into freezer-sized bags for marinara and chili over the winter. I also replaced the triggers in 2 Glock frames and tested out a couple of crossdraw holsters. My G26 slide is on the way back from Suarez International fitted with a Trij RMR, so I put the SI "flat and straight" trigger in the G26. I put the Apex trigger in a Gen 3 G17 frame that'll usually carry a .22 conversion unit from Tac-Sol. Will keep you all informed on which works best for me.

Yesterday, of course, I got a root canal, since I'm in the middle of my Festive AutumnFest 2015. Maybe tomorrow I'll accidentally punch a screwdriver into my ear. I never liked fall anyway…smells too much like death to me. OTOH, it is beautiful here at the Bunker. For the mule deers, I think we're close to the rut starting…the does are all over the place, and the little bucks are frisky. Only seen one big boy near the property, and he wasn't interested in the does yet.

But had a good hike with the beagle today, and the leg lifts are going great. And thank Good for gin and tonic!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Can the tomatoes save the freezer space for venison .

JohninMd.(HELP?!??) said...

You can pressure-can venison, too. Go read Jackie Clay's column in Backwoods Home Magazine, where Mas Ayolb writes his blog from. She's the Master of all things Homesteading, esp. Food production and preservation. And other than running a working farm, they don't live in the 1800's, either.

JohninMd.(HELP?!??) said...

Ayoob. Damn "smart" phone.....

Anonymous said...

Here's something to chew on while we wait for Monday:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/31/exclusive-sheriff-david-clarke-obama-gun-confiscation-mission/

Life Member

Anonymous said...

Yep, Wednesday still ��

Pablo said...

Michael, Michael, Michael. Santa Fe's proclivity toward anti gunism in no way represents the rest of New Mexico. Also, the double ll in relleno is pronounced in Spanish as a "y". Ouch.

Anonymous said...

Gotta read Matthew Bracken's "The Reconquista" then watch this video... Portent of things to come brothers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDW1R9OmOr0