Both Democrats (predictably), the Republican establishment (also predictably) and the discredited MSM (because they don't have a clue) are giving their "mend a divided nation," peace love and flowers speech. Before we all sit down at the same drum circle, I'd like to clarify a few points:
1) We didn't elect Trump to "end the gridlock in Washington."
2) We didn't elect Trump to "reach across the aisle to get things done."
3) We didn't elect Trump to cozy up to the Democrats and see if they can find a "compromise" want to chip away at our rights.
We elected Trump — and I have been all-in for a long time — to END the "fundamental change" of America, to drag the "Obama legacy" into the sunlight, tie it to a post, execute it, then bury it in unhallowed ground. Only then can America move ahead.
A couple of more points of clarification, at least from my point of view (which is, parenthetically, the only one I am qualified to give):
1) I unconditionally respect the rights of other people to their own opinions. I respected it on Monday; I respected it on Wednesday. That doesn't mean I have to respect those opinions.
2) After the progressive far-left takeover of the Democrat party, those Democrat plotted — gleefully — how they were going to strip me of my rights as soon as they were in office. They made it a talking point. They did not give a damn that the vast majority of Americans were against them; rather, they operated on Barack Obama's coda of, "Elections have consequences."
3) Socialism, even in it's Democratic Party guise of "progressivism," is a nightmare. It has never worked; it will never work. If you as an individual would like to participate in a socialist experiment, move to Venezuela or any number of African pest-holes. They would be happy to have you, and the money in your wallet. Bring your own food. I unconditionally oppose any compromise on moving America in that direction. I opposed it on Monday; I opposed it on Wednesday.
4) I see no difference between "progressives" and, say, violent anti-Semites or America Nazis — they hold opinions which I do not and can not countenance. Moreover, progressives, as are their analog anti-Semites and virulent racists, evangelical in their zeal to spread their vile teachings. Compromise? What compromise is there with evil?