Sunday, November 13, 2016

One for Two on Matches...


I shot an IPSC-style match last Sunday and was pretty pleased with my performance. Today, not so much (29 out of 39 shooters). Today's match was excellent, straight-forward, no tricks, fun…I've been trying to think of an excuse, maybe excuses, since the match, but I keep coming up with, "the Force wasn't with me."

I know…lame.

Two big issues I need to address — I need to tighten up my "shooting platform," and I need to tighten up my head. The 2 are related…I don't yet have the edge that I need to consistently do well. At least I know how to work on that. I'll shoot again next weekend. I feel like I'm doing those "stress tests" on John Taffer's BAR RESCUE show…

The only issue I've had with the gun was the elevation on the RMR losing zero, which I "fixed" with an application of clear fingernail polish. Other than that, runs like a top.

2 comments:

Jason M said...

LOVE BAR RESCUE!

Rastus said...

I suspect, on offhand information, that you jump from gun to gun to gun a lot. Are you picking a platform and staying with it for these competitions or are you enjoying the fruits of being a "gun personality" and change gun platforms frequently?