Thursday, April 07, 2005

Snore; Nod

Yes, it's another airport blogflash...well, nothing has changed here at DIA since I was here a few days ago. Cingular's wi-fi service still sucks (much like their cellular service). United's "customer service" people still appear to have been recruited from death camp guards around the world. Blah blah.

I did order a new gun today, one of the little Marlin .32 H&R lever action carbines for my Sweetie, in the perhaps vain hope that she will once again let me use my flawless Legacy 1892 .357 Winchester clone overhauled by Steve's Gunz, probably the best 1892 mechanic on earth. That's what happens when you let even relatively inexperienced people shoot really nice guns...I suppose I'm going to have to send the Marlin to Steve when it gets here.

It's not like I have any shortage of lever actions...Winchester, Marlins, Navy Arms, Legacy, they're all hiding in the safes, afraid that I'll take them out and abuse them. I'm actually pretty fond of the .44s, especially the Marlin Cowboy. the best overlooked self-defense gun on earth, as I've mentioned before.

Whoops...gotta go get on the plane! More from California, where I'm cowboy'ing up for a couple of COWBOYS episodes at Trail Down, the big West Coast cowboy match. Later, gators...

No comments: