Sunday, May 11, 2008

What I Learned from Willie

I note this AM that my old Texas pal Joe Nick Patoski has written the definitive biography of Willie Nelson, WILLIE NELSON: AN EPIC LIFE. Joe Nick is a superb writer and the perfect person to chronicle this exceptional life.

We all pal'ed around back in the "Outlaw Country"sad, our lonely days and lonely nights reduced to a Wikipedia entry — drank too much Pearl and Lone Star in too many chicken wire bars, slept in a lot of dusty concrete block motels next to roadhouses and, in general, got towed along in the tail of the Willie and Waylon comet. I could have said we surfed the whiskey river, but hey...

Am in Baltimore for the Congressional Sportsmen shoot...am planning on a long night of drinking with my pal Steven Hunter to get me ready for tomorrow's shoot...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

MB--Best regards to SH--we are all anxiously awaiting his next book!! dmd

Anonymous said...

Say "Hey" to Steven for me!

Anonymous said...

Psst...he spells his name with a "ph" – as in Stephen.

Anonymous said...

I would love to see a Shooting Gallery episode on Stephen Hunter. Perhaps The Author, His Books, and His Guns theme.

Anonymous said...

There is nothing about the life of Willie Nelson that qualifies as "epic".

Anonymous said...

Tell Stephen he needs to write faster. I've about read all his stories with Earl and Bob Lee.

yanmaneee said...

christian louboutin
golden goose sneakers
yeezy shoes
cheap nfl jerseys
lebron 10
timberland boots
converse outlet store
curry shoes
golden goose
kyrie 5 shoes

shestes said...

right here replica bags buy online this page dolabuy.ru read the article high quality replica bags