Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wild Bunch Match Guns

Thought you guys might want to take a look at two of the guns I plan to shoot in the first SASS Wild Bunch match next month down at Founders Ranch in New Mexico.

The rifle is a Legacy Arms Puma in .44 Magnum/.44 Special...I love the little Legacy '92 clones, and this one shoots sweet. I had it overhauled by my pal Steve Young at Steve's Gunz, who does a superb job on the Italian rifles. One thing he did with this rifle was his new stainless steel finish, which makes the bright, shiny stainless look more like an old gun. I love it! I'm goign to get him to do the same finish on my main SASS gun, a Rossi '92 clone in .357 that used to be imported by Navy Arms.

The pistola is my father's 1911A1 Remington Rand that he carried in WW2; I found a set of year-correct 1911A1 plastic grip panels on the Internet to replace the rubber grips the gun had worn since the late 1960s. The holster is a custom piece made for me by Ted Blocker Holsters based on their classic Wild Bunch holster. I asked for a straight drop vertical belt holster rather than the more typical canted holster because that's what I'm used to in competition holsters. Blocker included a matching 2-magazine belt pouch; I ordered 4 replica WW1 1911 magazines from International Military Antiques, where I got the grip panels, so I can stay frosty in period.


Aaron said...

Hi Michael,

The Pumas are made in Brazil. Good luck with the Wild Bunch match.

Michael Bane said...


Momentary brain fade!

Comes from hanging around with Ron Norton from Chiappa...


Anonymous said...

And a curved back-strap to boot, on your Dad's gun! Yes!
Life Member

P. Plainsman said...

Sweet gear. I want me a .44 Puma '92 levergun like that.

Bet the match is a hoot.

ericire12 said...


catfish said...

Now how cool is that shooting your Dad's gun. Pretty nice.

Be sure you don't pinch the sheee-it out of the palm of your hand trying to reload that puppy without a mag well.

I know at your age, that could really leave a serious mark.


Ahab said...

It's too bad it's just a side match, if they made a whole different category for Wild Bunch class, I'd probably renew my SASS membership.

polo shirts said...

History of polo ralph lauren. Polo fashions had its humble beginnings in 1968 when tie salesman Ralph Lauren gave it a kick start. By 1969 he had a boutique polo ralph lauren factory stores within the Manhattan department store Bloomingdale's. ... Brands and luxury standard. Since Ralph Lauren's first brand, Polo Ralph Lauren, was launched, the company has expanded to include a variety of luxury brands such as Polo Golf, Polo Denim, Polo Sport. You can buy cheap Ralph Lauren Clothing at Ralph Lauren outlet.Also We provide polo shirts
Ralph Lauren polo shirt, 50% OFF! polo ralph lauren outlet online is your best choice!In 2006, polo ralph lauren outlet became the first designer in Wimbledon's 133-year history to create official uniforms for the tournament. As part of this year's event, which starts next week, polo ralph lauren sale will introduces the first ... determination to maintain and enhance the values for which our two brands are famous throughout the world. The rugby ralph lauren brand brings to Wimbledon the look of timeless elegance, drawing on our rich history and traditions

super said...

I am constantly searching for good info on this topic. It can be difficult to find sometimes. Thanks!. I will check back on your site from time to time for more information.
Toulouse hotels

一笑千年 said...

I need to think fsdjhjhl of a two of oakley frogskins .After an extensive time operating under the sun, I feel rather uncomfortable, and I can have a couple oakley frogskins to support me protect my little brown eyes. I've lived with bad eyesight for virtually every lengthy time period, I need to think of a two of oakley jawbone to support me view items obviously and guard the eye by powerful sun light and extra violet radiations. Subsequently, I want to purchase a couple oakley flak jacket at on-line spectacles shop to be a end reaction to their higher high class and tolerable prices.Make a gross sales pitch and train your people today to consequence your shoppers to obtain your oakley radar . in scenario you could have perfect sales guys and saleswomen, it may improve ones margins. with comparability to help clothes, Oakley sunglasses tend to be attempted oneasily with not significantly more than something like 20 seconds. with scenario people exhibit most of these in check-out companies, your people can sporting them whilst delaying with regard to their change and own it within their buy which shows extra profit.