Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sorry for Light Blogging!!!

Between a heavy travel schedule and this wretched head cold, I have felt up to witty repartee...or even unwitty repartee.

I did, however, spend a wonderful day at the range today at the Advanced Armament Silencer Shoot, lobbing lots of rounds downrange from some very quiet guns. I never really realized how much a suppressor cut recoil, but boy, on .308s, .338 Lapuas and .50s, it was really amazing! The real revelation to me was the little CZ 527 mini-Mauser in 7.62 X 39 with an integral suppressor from John's Guns. Mine, was this little gun sweet...smooth, quiet and like shooting a .22. I would love to take this gun through a boltgun class at GUNSITE!

Also saw a really cool Ruger LCP in .32 NAA, North American Arms' proprietary super hot little cartridge based on the necked-down .380...the little sucker supposedly rocks pretty hard.

More on everything — including the Knights Armament "hat gun" later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the real revelation to me was the little CZ 527 mini-Mauser in 7.62 X 39 with an integral suppressor from John's Guns.

OH, MAN, does that sound cool. I dearly want one of those little CZ bolt carbines ... but the thought of mating one up with a can! Brilliance. My fancy hadn't even soared that high.