Friday, October 07, 2011

On the Passing of Giant...

Back In The Day, I got to spend some time at the MIT Media Lab...I thought I knew a lot, but these guys blew me away. "You have no idea what's coming," they told me, circa 1988 or so. "The guys at Apple are real smart..."

So I'm in a foreign city, and I wonder what that building across the street is. I turn on the iPhone, point its camera at the building and in a few seconds it tells me the building, it's history and where I am...

Thank you, Steve.

5 comments:

Dan said...

Google Goggles on Android can do the same thing.

Anonymous said...

If I ain't in the will, the hell with him.

wireless security systems said...

Surprises always comes in the way.

Earth4energy said...

That's is what you call augmented reality.

clean my credit report said...

I just love the way you work. Thanks for sharing this great and interesting stuff. Fabulous post! I really enjoyed that.