Friday, November 28, 2014

A Post Thanksgiving Apology

Kinda blew past Thanksgiving yesterday, but I'm hoping you all had a good one and aren't in some food-induced coma.

Things are a little subdued here...aside from the fact that I've been working long days since I got back from Israel Monday, we've got a very sick kitty on our hands, and he's is taking huge amounts of time and concern while his vets try to figure out what's wrong with him. He's in my office now, exhausted from his 3rd vet trip in 2 weeks. We're very worried about him. I'm also struggling with my ubiquitous airplane head cold, and it's all I can do to drink hot coffee and record voice-overs.

Wind is screaming outside...I'm hoping it lays down enough to let me sight in a .22 rifle with that new Pride/Fowler Rapid Reticle scope...Im very fond of the original Rapid Reticle .22 scope...that's what I used to get my Appleseed "Rifleman's" patch. OTOH, I could take a cold tablet and a nap....hmmmmm....

Interesting article on 9mm carbines at Stately McDaniel Manor...I've decided to include the JP 9mm in my on-line home defense segment of THE BEST DEFENSE.

More later...



4 comments:

RickP said...

You mention the Rapid Reticle but I am curious to find out how your test of the Lucid Red Dot scopes turned out..........

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for the cat's rapid recovery.

Sheepdog1968 said...

Sorry to hear your cat is sick. I can understand the stress.

I just saw this article about a pump action AR. It has peaked my curiosity. I live in CA and have avoided ARs given the neutering involved and have preferred mini-14s and M1As which can be had without neutering. I know it doesn't make sense but welcome to politics and cosmetic bands.

I can see where this could be an interesting alternative. I've never worried about a pump action shotgun so I wouldn't worry about this either.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/gun-culture/new-york-lost-troys-pump-action-rifle/

Overload in Colorado said...

If you do feature a carbine for home defense, make sure you show movement throughout the home with a rifle vs pistol. A 26" OAL rifle muzzle is more than two feet away from your head, while a pistol muzzle is about half that. Going through a doorway 'slicing the pie' is much harder with a rifle.