Tuesday, November 04, 2014

SilencerCo Salvo 12 Gauge Suppressor

I'm between hither and yon and don't have a lot of time, but I wanted to say that I was very VERY impressed with the SilencerCo 12 gauge behemoth. I put maybe 50 rounds through a Benelli M2 with one of the 12-inch Salvos fitted...on an indoor range with concrete walls...and didn't need hearing protection.

The recoil reduction, if anything, was even more impressive! I'm going to call it around a 40% reduction in felt recoil. I. Face, a couple of time I intentionally didn't fully shoulder the Benelli, and it was still a sweetheart to shoot.

The user-configurable modular construction is really cool--12, 10, 8 or 6-inch lengths. Obviously, the shorter you get, the less noise reduction you get. But obviously it depends on your needs.

More later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats MB. Fox projects that Mark Uterus lost. Still hoping Hickster gets his...stay tuned.