Thursday, January 29, 2015

I Thought I Got Out of SHOT Unscathed...

Sigh...burning in the chest...head stopped up...DAMN IT! I thought I was home free!!!

I'm gonna see if I can nap this off before ti gets really roaring...still (and don't tell my Sweetie, who had an appointment today), there was .22 ammo loaded up and I really really wanted to dial in that RifleCraft sling, so I did sneak outside for a few magazines. Shooting at 2-inch plates at 25 yards, I'm running them pretty steady now. The loop sling is a great tool (why I used one in Africa). I'm thinking about shooting 1 more Appleseed with .22, just because I like this Clark gun so much.

Off to NAPPIE!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Traveling on crowded commuter flights or worse, the uber crowded SHOT Show is like swimming in a pool of bacteria. I recommend massive doses of vitamins, lots of water and plenty of alcohol

Michael Bane said...

I'm hoping that the miracles of Vitamin C, zinc and Boodles Gin pulls me through…

mb

_DonWorsham_ said...

I know for a fact 3 fingers of Jameson makes me fell better.

Publicola said...

When I was a youngin & had a cold my grandfather would make a concoction of whiskey*, lemon juice & honey. I won't say it got rid of the symptoms, but I never minded being sick :)

(* it was actually Old Setter Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. My grandfather wasn't a whiskey aficionado, but was an avid dove hunter, and what likely caught his eye was the picture of a bird dog on the label with the caption "it points the way" lol)

Anonymous said...

A member of your Sweeties family strongly endorses "The Recipe"..... mix to taste....Southern Comfort / Concentrated Lemon Juice / boiling water. Savor the odor, sip, sleep tight.

Anonymous said...


C and zinc is good and gin is excellent but Hot Buttered Rum (recipes abound on-line) before nap time is an excellent sleeping solution. Like your blog. Deadeye Ashley,