Saturday, October 16, 2010

Meanwhile, Back in the War of Northern Aggression...

...if we were editing, there'd be a big SWOOSH and I'd suddenly be in Virginia...as it is the Real World, it involved a long flight across the country to the Cedar Creek Battlefield Reenactment for SHOOTING GALERY. Hey, we've never done anything like this before, so I thought it'd be fun, although I have it on good authority that the victory goes to the Federals.

Best I could do costume-wiz is slightly out of period, but consistent with some of the Harper's Weekly illustrations early in the war.

I will endeavor to persevere...

4 comments:

Dave S. said...

Cool! Looking forward to it!

Remember, zoot suits aren't period.

Dave S. said...

Oh, crap. I just re-read what you wrote. Knowing your fondness for loud clothing, I'm thinking you're going Zouave for this one.

nj_larry said...

Well I hope you understand that Va rep Eric Cantor (REPUBLICAN House whip) thinks re-enactors are sick twisted freaks. He threw his own Ohio candidate (Rick Iott) under the bus last Sunday after the horror was revealed that he was a re-enactor of WWII battles with his son.

Anonymous said...

"I will endeavor to persevere..."

Great movie