Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Let's Go To The Butt-Cam, Katie...

Well, there are days and there are days! And what could be better than a day partially spent having a nice young doctor examine your colon on video? I was supposed to be too sedated to watch, but drugs don't work all that well on me — I'm the guy in the operating room who counted backwards from 100 to zero...twice. It was pretty fascinating, easily better than any episode of Friends. There was one lone polyp, which I thought looked a little like a forlorn Jennifer Anniston sans Brad "Slut-Boy" Pitt...maybe the drugs worked better than I thought...

The tracking video shots of North Colon were especially powerful...I could use the video operator on SHOOTING GALLERY, for sure! He'd have to take a pay cut, though. The weird part of it was when the doctor said, "We're done here," I had this overwhelming urge to say, "Thanks, doctor, and thanks to all of you for joining us. We'll see you next week on Michael's Colon!"

The short story is that I'm healthy as a horse, except for the various and sundry abuse I've inflicted upon myself. Watch for the sequel...Knee Cam!

No comments: