Thursday, October 22, 2009

New Cool Stuff I Can't Tell You About...

Yeah, you know the drill. I did have a spectacular king salmon dinner at Jake's in Portland! That's something, right? So anyway, I'm too tired to blog much...take a shower and call it a day...4 AM came real early this morning!

Meanwhile, Ammoland.com notes that the Winchester 1894 will be returning...if you want one, consider beginning the paperwork for a mortgage now. As I mentioned on the pod last week, my next lever gun purchase will be a Browning BLR Take-Down in .308.

Also, check out Threat Dynamics, "immersive" firearms training...heck of a training set-up. I think you're going to see these guys on SG next season!

Night night...

6 comments:

Joe in Memphis said...

Totally off topic, but I figured I'd drop a quick note... Just got back from the Memphis area Friend of NRA Banquet, where Ronnie Barrett drew the winning name (unfortunately not mine) for the M82A1 (w/ scope and goodies) that was given away.

Got to meet him (and his fianceƩ, who is one of our state Rep.s). Great guy - thrilled to see him on the NRA board.

Sellout crowd, lots of $ raised, and a good time all the way around.

Homer said...

Michael - Any experience with that BLR? I had one in .308 about 15 years ago and got rid of it - it was so long-throated I couldn't get consistent accuracy out of it, never did find any ammo that it liked. If they've fixed that, I'll join you and get a take-down in .308.

FatWhiteMan said...

I can wait on new gear. At this point in my life I'm more interested in the salmon dinner.

Kristophr said...

What in the hell are you doing at 0400 in PDX?

Killing elk?

Clark Kent said...

FatWhiteMan and I are of like mind in this matter. One can never have enuf good salmon - king or otherwise.
And to hell with mercury!

Michael Bane said...

The king salmon at Jake's Grill was fresh and just wonderful. The raw oysters even moreso — like a pure taste of the ocean. The clams were way good, too.

4AM is, like, really early, isn't it? At least I slept most of the flight