Thursday, December 31, 2009

For 2010, Faith

A thought as the new year begins, from LOTR as always, spoken by Aragorn when all hope seemed lost:
Hold your ground, hold your ground. Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day. This day we fight! For all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!

2 comments:

Mossyrock said...

Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought.

seeker_two said...

For this year, I'll adopt the attitude of Gimli on the ledge outside Helm's Deep....."Toss Me (into the fray)"...."and don't tell the elf!"....