Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happy Yule!

Tomorrow is, of course, the Winter Solstice, the shortest day of the year, and we begin our long crawl back to the light. In the pagan tradition, the Holly King, representing the old year, battles the Oak King, representing the new year. The Holly King is slain, and the new year is born.

"Hoof and horn, hoof and horn
All that dies will be reborn
Corn and grain, corn and grain
All that falls will rise again."

Amen to that!

I'm trying to wind down this week...of course I've got the podcast to do and the usual collection of conference calls and last minute meetings, but on the whole, I'm going for mellow. We've got some moderate days before the snow comes in for Christmas, so I'm going to get to the range and do a few videos and a bit of shooting.

BTW, I got my Walnut Hill swaging/reloading press from Richard Corbin! I want to try some pure lead bullets in .44 Special, .357 and .32s, as well as use it for a press for the .50 BMG...

2 comments:

Chuck P said...

As always, looking forward to the podcast. I am officially addicted.

You deserve the down time. Your work is greatly appreciated and I am looking forward to next year's shows.

Happy the surgery was a success.

Have a Merry Christmas and a safe holiday season. Be sure to enjoy the range before the snow.

Stephen P said...

As we all wind down let us not forget our troops and pray for their safe return.

Also let us remain vigilant to the current political situation and "successes" of the democratic party with Cap and trade, the bailouts, health care, etc. All this could only embolden them to eliminate our 2nd ammendment rights before they get voted out.