Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Grinding Toward Baltimore

Today's flites are definitely of the "salmon swimming upstream" variety...

Am excited about new gun that arrived spontaneously yesterday...it's a - whoopsy! - secret. One that I've been looking for, of the "carry" variety.

I think I'm going to peddle an AR and put the money in a .44 Special 1866 Winchester clone from Cimarron. Have always wanted one, and the ARs seem to be multiplying in the dark of the gunsafe. I'd also like a 9mm Beta Mag for the Spike's Tactical pistol, which would bring impracticality to a whole new level.

Time to go (again)!


-- Post From The Road

11 comments:

Laura said...

Baltimore, eh? The weather will be downright BALMY for you! Tomorrow we're expecting to hit 40* for the high.

Pete said...

If you're going to Baltimore, that should be "crabs" not "salmon."

Aaron Geisler said...

I have a .44 Special Win 66 carbine as my Classic Cowboy gun.

Mathew Paust said...

If the crosswinds pick up his plane might have to do a little "crabbing" as it approaches the runway. And you're right, Pete, crabcakes made with Chesapeake Bay Blues are indeed a B'more delicacy.

bluesun said...

crabs swimming upstream would make the flight comparison even more tedious...

Bad Rastus said...

Never, Never, Never, ever, sell a gun.

Unless it is a lemon and...
that's what gun shows are for, right?

Mathew Paust said...

Oh, so that's what they mean by "gun show loophole!"

Haji said...

Only sell commercial grade AR's. I'd get rid of an RRA, Stag or Bushamster in a heart beat to get a good lever gun. I would never, in a million years, sell a Mil Spec or near Mil Spec AR for a lever gun.

I'd say "enjoy the flight", but I know what flying is like this time of year, so I'll convey my empathy instead. Hope you get to be home for Christmas!

Jeff Adamson said...

Is this the meeting with Stephen Hunter? You have got to tell we Balmorons where/when...!!

Laura said...

Clark and Pete, I hate you both for bringing up crabs. The season's over and I didn't get any this year, so I've got a taste for them.

Sigh. Maybe next year.

Mathew Paust said...

Falnfenix - Did you forget to dip your chicken necks in ketchup? That's the one trick that's never failed!