Saturday, November 20, 2010

Perfect Ending...

...chili rellenos at Maria's, along with a Great Legend of the 30-30 margarita. Sigh...just a perfect meal and a perfect break...if I may quote from the great Zen sage Jimmy Buffett:

"And now I must confess,
I could use some rest.
I can't run at this pace very long.
Yes, it's quite insane,
I think it hurts my brain.
But it cleans me out and then I can go on..."

Back to it on Monday...we're starting interviews for Gun Stories, and I got to sandwich SHOT Show TV in there somewhere.

And speaking of SHOT, I'm think of continuing my tradition os drinks at Gordon Biersh microbrewery saran the last day of the Show...would love to know who's going to be at SHOT and who'd like to drink on my dime!!! Seriously, I'd like to do this and invite all the readers of the Blog, the regular guys at DRTV, the gun bloggers and my friends in the industry...

What do you think???


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

8 comments:

Tame Bill said...

Michael,

I would be happy to imbibe a brew with you.

Not Available said...

Great tradition. Keep it up.

Sadly, I'm not in the business and can't attend SHOT.

Here's to a guy who is never blue,
Here's to a buddy who is ever true,
Here's to a pal, no matter what the load,
Who never declines, just one for the road.

Haji said...

You'll find you have a whole lot of people willing to call you friend when you're buying!

Metalchemist said...

It would be my pleasure to have an Adult beverage or three with thee, Now I just have to make plans to get to the shot show this year.
But not being "in the industry" might be too much for me to take being so close to all those guns.
I can just dream about all the centennial edition 1911's that will be shown there. That would definately prove dangerous to my bank account.
But in no way could be as bad as what the (NOT) Fed is doing to the dollar.
Acta Non Verba !
Semper Peratus!

John Richardson said...

I'd love to be there but not this year. The Centennial of the 1911 would make this pretty special but....

I think I'll wait until it comes back to Orlando.

That is a very generous offer you are making!

DamDoc said...

Can you deputize us as "Down Range Radio" reps so that we could get our press passes into Shot? Would love to attend some day, and take you up on the libation offer! The whole thing would be a hell of a good time! Someday!

Nick said...

Would love to have a drink at the end of SHOT. Won't be at the event (not a dealer or in the industry) but will be in Vegas for another event on the last day of SHOT. And I know another couple of gents that will be there as well that are big fans.

Tim Burke said...

I knew there was a reason I put off flying out until Saturday...