Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Look What Crawled Into My Hand!

The long anticipated, semi-mythical Tactical Solutions Glock .22 Conversion Unit! With magazines, no less...


As soon as I get de-patched and my doc says I can go to the range (and I find a Glock 17 to borrow...this conversion if for 17s and 22s, although it ought to work on my 34 I'd think) and run this thing through the wringer.

Doctor's apointment in an hour or so...hopefully I'll have good news...see if the hi-rez video camera and the USB 2.0 port are live yet...just kidding, althought I really really wish I wasn't! Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Michael Bane will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster. Sigh...

Anyway, word from Crimson Trace is that the laser for the Ruger LC9 will be available more or less on Valentine's Day, so if you haven't picked out a gift for your Significant Other, I strongly recommend a new laser sight...it's the gift that keeps on giving! Plus it's red, and that's all Valentiney and stuff.




10 comments:

Tim Covington said...

Now, if they would come out with one for a modern pistol the M&P or some other useful pistol (like a Highpoint). ;>

Anonymous said...

How soon can TacSol expect a lawsuit from Herr Gaston? Let's start a pool.

Anonymous said...

The TacSol unit should work on your 34 just fine. The G34 uses the exact same frame as the 17.

By the way, I am jealous. I so want to get one of these for my Glock.

Moosejaw said...

I am waiting for crimson trace to make a set of grips for my Colt Mustang...I suppose if they make them for the Sig 238 they might fit.

Watched Michael play with explosive targets last night 'on the range'. How legal is it to make those targets??? looks like a bunch of fun anyway, Michael. Good Show. Good luck with your medical issues too.

Anonymous said...

" Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Michael Bane will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster"

No luck on better looking though, huh ? :)
Well, good luck with the vision any way.
Tom B.

Michael Bane said...

This implies that I can find my G34, which I haven't shot in ages...I will stage an Expedition into the depths of the gun room (which, hey, has new lights and a heater now!) and ferret out the wascally wabbitt. Ideally, I'd like to shot the TS today or no later than this weekend.

BTW, I found the LC9 will fit a Mitch Rosen pancake holster for the SR(c w/CT LaserGuard...man,. it's a tight fit! Those Rosen Express holsters, while superbly made, have always been the leather equivalent of a Les Baer 1911, a real bitch to break in.

mb

Anonymous said...

Who needs a laser anymore?

Listen, boy...

With that eyepatch, you're Rooster Cogbane!

Louis said...

Which suppressor are you going to put on it?

Will said...

Michael,
when my Rosen ARG for an Officers .45acp showed up back in '94, it didn't fit. I taped sandpaper to the top of a govt slide, and sanded the sight rails WAY down before it fit. No way was I sending it back, it took a LONG time to show up!
(The curse of left-handed holsters in general. High percentage of defects compared to right-handed ones.)

Anonymous said...

recently i have problem which is typical of all of us ! what to do and how to go on living, I cant understood ((I have stopped smiling at ALL!!!! :( yes!!,i have bad teeth because of heredity ... why it so? Teeth is the first thing you see when meet everybody,or doing smth like that, I have found a solution in putting lumineers ! and i must say it has guaranteed 100% result,now i know i promise you!