Friday, April 29, 2011

Sorry...still No Pixs!

Today was more of a grind than I expected,, but I did get to meet a lot of great people (and even got several excellent ideas to steal!). I hope to get out on the floor a little bit more tomorrow. couple of things that did catch my eye..the (full-sized) Rossi lever gun, the Rio Grande, a Marlin clone, is not available in .410 and in...wait for it...45/70. The 45/70 is just a spectacular lever gun cartridge, and with Marlins in short supply (and expensive) and 45/70 Winchesters darned expensive, I think a lower-priced alternative ($540-ish MSRP) will be very welcome.

Although it has been overshadowed by Ruger's bigger introductions (including a "budget-priced version of the successful piston gun, the SR556, at $1369 MSRP), the new Ruger-branded 25 rund 10/22 magazines will be very welcomed by the hordes of .22 shooters out there. I stopped by CMMG and was amazed at the number of .22 conversions units for the AR that have blown out the doors...it's a huge number, and CMMG is aggressively pushing their new dedicated .22 ARs at a $500 price point. I may have to add one of the CMMG guns to my AR "library."

I briefly stopped by Para to look at their .45 higher capacity 1911 package aimed at competitors. The package comes with 5 magazines, fiber optic front and a railed frame in the $1500 region. They've also added a lightweight Commander-sized .45 to their line once again.

I'm going to get some pictures tomorrow from Black Rain, who make 'way cool ARs...nothing says rock and roll like skull anodizing! Seriously, it's the next step...ARs as fashion statements! Interestingly enough, I think Rail Fever has run its course...Stag kicked it off at SHOT, and now CMMG, Ruger and numerous other makers are offering forearms without quad rails...rather, a fixed rail at 12 o'clock and screwholes to allow the user to attach rails as need...now doesn't that make hugh amounts of sense? Of course, I'll ALWAYS opt to attach my coffeemaker and aquarium bubbler...that's tactical!

I'm about to contradict myself on the expensive Winchester question, but today was the first time I had a chance to handle the new Winchester 94 30-30s. They are sweet...sweeter than I expected. almost as sweet as my pre-'64 30-30 you'll be seeing in GUN STORIES. Pretty impressive job from Winchester...as smooth an action as I've felt on a 94.

I'll be signing photos at the OC booth at 3PM tomorrow, plus I'm doing a presentation with Dave Spaulding on the Ruger/Gunsite Scout Rifle at 10:30AM at the Ruger booth.

I promise...PIXS tomorrow!

BTW, I did a smokin' interview with Brother Ted Nugent this afternoon for DRTV...you guys are going to LOVE this one...Ted unleased! Machine guns, helicopters, hogs...it's got it all. Have a big interview with Wayne LaPierre Sunday...I want to ask him about his asking Eric Holder, the least distinguished man to ever hold the position of Attorney General, to step down.

PIXS, definitely!

4 comments:

Moosejaw said...

Rossi? a Marlin Clone?

pssst....dont look now....

But Marlin is still making the same quality firearms they made from the 19th and 20th centuries, today in the 21st.

Heck I have a bunch in my safe from 45 colt through 45-70.

Joe said...

"Ted unleashed"? Isn't Ted always running at about 11.

KMitch200 said...

Have a big interview with Wayne LaPierre Sunday...I want to ask him about his asking Eric Holder to step down

That should be interesting.
With the mexican govt wanting to sue US gun manufacturers for guns headed South, it would be great for Holder's career to follow them!
"Operation AG Walker"
Take Big Sis with ya...

Bwhore won't let it happen but it will be interesting.

ExurbanKevin said...

I briefly stopped by Para to look at their .45 higher capacity 1911 package aimed at competitors. The package comes with 5 magazines, fiber optic front and a railed frame in the $1500 region.

Whaaa?

This sounds like a good deal and an easy way for Production shooters like me to get started in a new division. We need links! DRTV Mentions! Is it for SSP/Single Stack or Limited? Pix, pix and more pix!

Umn, please. ;)