Friday, June 03, 2011

At The Rocky Mountain Regional Raid....

...and basically hanging on. Couple of less than stellar stages; couple of really good stages. Is what it is. I have 5 more stages to shot tomorrow, then jump in the car and sprint for home! Did one stage with the Browning BSS and was very pleased (mid-20 second run,, with a rifle reload).

Tentative competition plan for the rest of the year is focus on cowboy until Hell on Wheels, the big western regional over the 4th of July holiday (I think we're going to take a pass on End of Trail this year). Then we're going to shift over to rimfire for the Ruger Rimfire Worlds in New Mexico in August. Finally, I'm thinking about filming and shooting the very first IDPA Worlds in Florida in September. If I shoot the IDPA Worlds, I'm either going to go with a Ruger SR9 in SSP or one of the 1911s in CDP...decisions decisions! Heck, that's nothing compared with picking a vest! LOL!

Some speed bumps with moving SHOOTING GALLERY to an hour in 2012. I think it's going to happen, but we weren't able to get the deal finished in time to film the MGM Ironman, which I really really wanted to do. Sometimes the Real World flatly refuses to conform to my schedule, damn it. THE BEST DEFENSE is shaping up extremely well...very happy with how that's looking. Pondering pitching a new series with a familiar face hosting, but I haven't yet made the decision to go forward.

Okay, tomorrow is (as Scarlett says) another day! I'm going to get A LOT of sleep tonight and see if I can focus down a little faster tomorrow morning. One stage is 8 shotgun rounds moving downrange, which plays to my strengths. Any day on the range is a great day!




6 comments:

shawn w said...

good luck, we're all pullin' for ya.

Anonymous said...

Wish I was there shootin with ya, dang life and work get in the way all too much. See you in Boulder next week.

- Grizz

Mike said...

Are you actually going to have enough points to qualify for the IDPA worlds or will you get a special pass for being "media"

Dalton Masterson said...

Wish you could have stuck around for the banquet! It was good eatin.
Dalton Masterson

Anonymous said...

Michael,
I was always under the impression that for Cowboy Action one had to use a double trigger hammer gun, I can understand them losing the restriction on hammers but I've never seen a double trigger BSS - what's the story?

Mike Potts/Bic

yunya212 said...

Many guys use Oakley Frogskin for just two good czw6rf reasons : seeking excellent and also guarding face. Yet buying the completely wrong head wear or perhaps Oakley Frogskins can easily eliminate the frame of mind. This informative article looks at several 7 getting suggestions. Ensure you might be investing in a great couple of fantastic seeking Oakley Jawbones in which can feel normal on your own face. They need to furthermore offer you a sense regarding success. Thus test to find out Oakley Jawbonethe design or perhaps dimensions right for an individual. When you have a smaller confront, you need to be sporting more compact Cheap Oakley Sunglasses.