Thursday, June 09, 2011

Update...

Fun day at the range! The Tech Sights on the Target 10/22 worked great...butt ugly, but great shooters...I'll take a pix tomorrow. The handguns ran like tops. Mostly I was sorting ammo. My Tac-Sol wants Federal Gold Medal; my Sweetie's 1911 liked the Fed Champions. The rifles liked the Federals and the Wolf Target, but man, the Wolf stuff is FILTHY! CCI Green Tag was accurate in the rifles, but underpowered. It gave me a shotgun pattern in my 22/45.

My Sweetie's out-of-the-box el cheapo 10/22 tanked after 20 or so rounds. The bolt locked back and stayed there...it's still locked back. Not that big a deal since I'm waiting for a Volquartsen trigger group to arrive from Mr. Potterfield, but still...I'll mention it to Ruger tomorrow.

The tuna a la Bobby Flay came out great. Essentially I made a dry rub with 3 different chili powders, brown sugar, cumin, fennel, salt & pepper, rubbed it into one side of the tuna steaks, then blackened the tuna steaks in a cast iron skillet. Smokey but yummy! Side dish of saffron rice and red beans, also from Flay's Mesa Grill cookbook. I was thinking of a rose wine, but opted for Stone IPA instead...right choice!

Oh yeah, and an avocado vinegarette for the fish...

6 comments:

Uno Mas said...

Re: 10/22 lockup. Sounds suspiciously like what happened to my new Ruger. The ejector had somehow come out of its slot in the left front of the trigger group. Once back in the slot, it ran like a top.

Ted Murphy said...

I love my tech sights. I am really happy I put them on my 10/22. I've gotten my money out of them and then some. I have the entry level TSR100 set.

I did make one change. I took out the A1 aperture with the two small holes and went to an A2 model. That way I have the large and small aperture. With that, I have a lot of fun at the local steel matches, as the larger aperture is a help on the fast stuff. I got the part cheap at a gun show but it took a little patience and finesse to take out the pin and swap the parts.

Unknown said...

The best way more dearest vftbieg and modern-day specs following. Will you be fatigued on the typical Oakley Frogskins ? If and so, you need to try a take some sort of appear on some popular model Oakley Frogskin. in this celebration people browse on the net, you could possibly obtain there is commonly some sort of extensive selection of Cheap Oakley Sunglasses of which inside popular or retro styles. it genuinely is significant for everyone to obtain a couple discounted Oakley Jawbone. we will be able to gain a whole bunch from most of these discounted Oakley Jawbones if we've got bought just one.

yunya212 said...

Many guys use Oakley Frogskin for just two good czw6rf reasons : seeking excellent and also guarding face. Yet buying the completely wrong head wear or perhaps Oakley Frogskins can easily eliminate the frame of mind. This informative article looks at several 7 getting suggestions. Ensure you might be investing in a great couple of fantastic seeking Oakley Jawbones in which can feel normal on your own face. They need to furthermore offer you a sense regarding success. Thus test to find out Oakley Jawbonethe design or perhaps dimensions right for an individual. When you have a smaller confront, you need to be sporting more compact Cheap Oakley Sunglasses.

Half X said...

You will receive vbghtyfc your prescription Oakley Frogskins in two weeks after you made the order. It is Oakley Frogskin safety for you to make a pair of Cheap Oakley Sunglasses at online Oakley Jawbone store. Enjoy your happiness life with a pair of prescription Oakley Jawbones. Wearing a pair of prescription Oakley sunglasses, your life will be changeable and colorful. There are widely ranges of Oakley sunglasses for you to choose. As we all known that buy a pair of Oakley sunglasses at local Oakley sunglasses store are very expensive.

muebles en torrejon de ardoz said...

Surely, the dude is absolutely fair.