Wednesday, August 24, 2011

BBQ Salmon Day!

Which is at least something to look forward to...meanwhile, I'm between hither and yon sitting in my office waiting for a conference call, a little bit I suppose like waiting for the electrician, or someone like him. I ordered a couple of Hi-Viz front sights for my 2 SR9s...hopefully, I'll have a chance to get them on the guns before the IDPA Worlds. If not, somehow, I will survive, probably with Too Hot Pink nail polish, Dave Spaulding's favorite, on the front sight.

I just discover that the latest move for gender equality can be found at Go Topless. What the heck, I'm okay with that...oftentimes it turns out the world is actually weirder than I think it, which is pretty darn weird. Here's the whole story. I would mention this to my Sweetie, except that I'd rather keep living. She still has ammo left over from last weekend (where, BTW, she won her division!).

From Military Times comes the news that Marines in Afghanistan has been banned from audible farting because it apparently offends the stinking goatherders of that plush nation. Perhaps a cruise missile would be more appropriate...

If you haven't seen the SPECULAR video of Team Erhardt's quest for the gold, you definitely need to tune in to DRTV. It's hysterical.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marines can't fart in Afghanistan??!! I feel a South Park episode coming.....

Pathfinder said...

Mike, you forgot to note a simple fact, so please allow me to update your statement.

"because it apparently offends the stinking goatherders who wipe their own asses with their bare hand of that plush nation"

Richard said...

So is the whole 'go topless' thing just another form of open carry?

rick said...

I think we're all Bozos on this bus.

nj_larry said...

MB I know you've expressed some thought about going to Africa and doing some dangerous game hunting there. If there aren't enough funds for that, might you consider hunting the vicious giant rats of NY instead?

http://tinyurl.com/44ht7zk

kmitch200 said...

I think we're all Bozos on this bus

Any more rocket fuel for you hardhats?

Jeff in CLT (Hope&ChangeV2) said...

I was just listening to an older podcast of Down Range Radio where Michael comments that he is a fan of the actor from CASTLE. Well SAVING PVT RYAN is on and I just noticed the the castle dude played one of the other Pvt Ryans, not the one they were looking for. It just struck me as odd that he mentioned him and there he was on TV.

Jeff in CLT (Hope&ChangeV2) said...

Would it be OK if the Marines learned to fart so that sounded like a goat? Adapt and improvise!