Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sushi Nite

We made an expedition to the People's Republic of Boulder for sushi...an evening in Boulder makes me feel older than crap, but a bit of unagi and a dollop of wasabi helps clear my head. Spent the morning running down some decent glass for my AR. I'll keep you guys in the loop as I move forward. I'm also doing some more work with the small frame revolver, since I've gotten a bunch of questions on little blasters recently.

Am shooting the Colorado Ruger Rimfire Championships this Saturday...I'm using a different rifle based on a $179 Big Box Store 10/22. I of course have big plans, but the pieces of the big plans are lying all over the gun room. If I'm industrious, I'll get it put together tomorrow, then run to the range and see if it shoots at all. Yes, the is the mathematically perfect wrong way to shoot a match! Maybe I'll take a different pistol, too, sort of a grand slam of errors. Then again, everything many work...stranger things have happened...

2 comments:

Zef M. said...

...so do we get a hint of what brand name your going with for an optic for your AR?

Michael Bane said...

Oh man, there's an optics conundrum! Right now it looks like that Burris 1-4x, which is an excellent scope. I like the Millett, whihc I have on amy FAL, but I would like I little more ommmmph...

mb