Saturday, August 06, 2011

Ruger Rimfire Worlds

Have ground throughDay 1 of the Ruger Rimfire Worlds at Funder's Ranch in New Mexico. Today was pistol day for my squad--6 stages, runs of 5 or six rounds each...basic Steel Challenge style courses. I shot okay, but the God of Speed wasn't with me today. I could put a couple of good runs together per stage, but a couple of runs doesn't do it. I was shooting my veteran iron-sighted Ruger 22/45 with a Tactical Solutions Pac-Lite top end; I was shooting CCI Mini-Mags, but I did have one stovepipe (I was a little worried when I cracked open the Mini-Mags and there was one empty case in the live rounds. Hmmmmmmmmmmm), and I dropped one shot, which obviously I tossed out (Steel Challenge = 5 runs; throw out your slowest run), but on their version of Smoke and Hope, probably the easiest and fastest Steel Challenge stage, I was pretty much all hope and not much smoke...I managed to get 2 out of 5 runs in the 3 second range. To give you an idea,, B.J. orris threw out his slowest run...1.89 seconds! LOL!

Tomorrow we go to the rifle. As I mentioned a few weeks back, I'm shooting a Ruger 10/22 Target fitted withAR-styled Tech Sights. Darn,that heavy heavy steel barrel is, well, heavy! I will endeavor to persevere...