Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday, and Already Behind the Curve!

But first, the news:
Bicyclist Allegedly Attacked by Frozen Sausage-Wielding Thief The alleged victim told cops that his attacker swung frozen sausage links at him before hitting him in the head with a wrench...
We bicyclists are now frozen with fear...I'm considering caring a frozen Kosher hot dog with me at all times when I'm on the bike. Does anybody make an insulated shoulder holster for a frozen weiner?

Spent some time at the range working with my competition AR...as I mentioned, I'd sighted it in at 25 yards. On this most recent trip to the range the 100-yard range was open, so I was able to tweak the sight-in at 100, then spend a little time verifying it at 75, 50 and 25 yards. I realize none of this is probably going to help me at the Crimson Trace Midnight Sun night 3-gun in July, but I at least have a lot of faith in my JP rifle. I'm also getting a much better sense of how the Leupold CQ/T works, and I'm getting used to the circle/center dot reticle.


I got the Briley 10-shot tube for the Remington Versa Max, which I'll probably install today. Both guns will be running Streamlight TLR-1 HP 200-lumen rail-mounted lights, with standard TLR rail lights as back-ups. Also a big case of CR123 batteries! LOL!

BTW, had a very nice lunch yesterday with Rob Pincus, where we caught up on each other's various and sundry projects (and Rob has a ton of them!). You'll see one of Rob's newest training videos on SHOOTING GALLERY/DRTV next season. Rob is presently sporting the World's Ugliest Beard, the result of a lost bet. Makes him look like an extra in Hatfields & McCoys.


6 comments:

Pathfinder said...

FTB: "Rob is presently sporting the World's Ugliest Beard, the result of a lost bet. Makes him look like an extra in Hatfields & McCoys."

I wondered why in all the photos of his North American Whatever Tour all we get are stinking pictures of the Toyota!!! Now we know!!!!!

Frank W. James said...

Michael, looking forward to sseing and visiting with you in Oregon as I will be there as well. I'm disappointed they don't have a "senior" division as I'm 66 years old and I was told I have to 'compete'. This shoulld be good for more than a few laughs...

All The Best,
Frank W. James

Rob Pincus said...

Funny, Pathfinder.... Actually, the development of the World's Ugliest Beard is being documented in the Video Updates from the PDN Tour. :-)

Michael Bane said...

Frank...I believe you and I will be in direct competition in the "Combat Walker" division...

mb

Huffy said...

When frozen sausages are outlawed, only outlaws will have frozen sausages!

Roadkill said...

Couldn't care less about Pincus's face, but I really want to hear more about the new Streamlight. I have one of the standard TRLs on my 870. So, when I picked up a Fenix TK50 and was amazed by the incredible throw distance, I immediately though about how that would be useful for rifles, especially ranch and varmint guns to have such a thing in something about the same size at the TLR.