Sunday, February 08, 2015

Match Saturday

So I sucked it up, passed on the first 3-Gun match of the season and shot a cowboy match up in Cowboy World, otherwise known as Wyoming, Saturday. Specifically, we opted for cowboy because we're shooting the big 3-day cowboy match in Phoenix, Winter Range, in a couple of weeks and I'm a bit rusty, it being winter and all. Had a rare rifle malfunction — damn it, Michael…clean the things once a year!! — but otherwise shot well

Very well, considering the SHOT SHOW EBOLA circled back and sacked me Saturday morning…nothing like starting a match day hugging the ole Porcelain God. By the time I got to the range outside Cheyenne, I felt marginally okay and hurl-less.

My Sweetie's and my plan is to finish Winter Range, then put the cowboy guns away for a while and focus on 3-Gun (and as an adjunct, some practical pistol, probably USPSA). We've also already signed up for an Appleseed in April, and I'll do another on in August, different rifles for each one.

BTW, if you don't have an AR, first, shame on you! LOL! Secondly, now's the time…the Traction Control blog recently listed 14 ARs under $700. As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm picking up lowers for several projects that have been back-burnered for a bit and that I can finish at my leisure. I sorta have a half-way plan to take a project on the road with me this year so I can do something in my hotel room other than watch Fox News. All I'll need is a mallet.

5 comments:

KevinC said...

I'm seeing Andersen lowers out there for around $30, which is WAY below dealer cost. There's a lot of people who banked incorrectly on lowers being rare for years to come who are now desperate to get them off their inventory lists.

USCitizen said...

Thanks for the pointer to Traction Control !

Keep up your good work!

Unknown said...

Michael, as one of those who still haven't bought an AR, I profusely apologize and beg your forgiveness.

Seriously though I guess I'll have to break down and actually look at some ARs at the NRA show in Nashville.

JohninMd.(HELP?!??) said...

Michael, ammo question. Is there .22 LR out there in America? Cheapest I've seen is $60 a brick from J&G Sales. Behind the lines here in Md., its hens teeth.....

Jason Crotteau said...

Are you sure it was a rifle malfunction and not just the wind blowing your rounds 6 feet to the right?!?!