Thursday, February 26, 2015

Snowing Again...

…is that why they call it "winter?" Still. spring is within sight, although presently buried under several inches of snow. I think I'll survive.


I note the return of the Dan Wesson .357 revolver, the 715. Caleb has an excellent write-up at Gun Nuts Media. Caleb, being even more of a revolver nut than I am, is an excellent person to evaluate the 715. I have to say that along with the Solothurn I never got, I always lusted after one of the Dan Wesson "Pistol Packs" on their .44 Magnum VHs, with multiple barrels, grips and all sorts of neat stuff. I suppose it would be too much to hope for CZ/Dan Wesson releasing new .445 SuperMags for myself and all the other idiots on Lee Martin's Forums — we like compression fractures!!! Carpel Tunnel Syndrome-R-Us!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's-about a revolver in .45 Winchester Magnum? Reloads could be carried in moon-clips.

That caliber, as us old-timers remember, was featured in the LAR Grizzly semi-auto' pistol that was an enlarged version of the 1911. The caliber also found its way into Thompson-Center Contender barrels. Performance out of the LAR was awesome and even better out of the Contender.

More guns that I shoulda bought.

Life Member

SiGraybeard said...

I'm not a big revolver fan, but I started chatting with a guy at the gun club who had a Dan Wesson in 44 Magnum (I think) and he let me shoot a round.

That trigger was so wonderful it was like love at first shot. I know those are not cheap guns, but ... day-umm.

The fact that it was two years ago and I still remember it like that says how good it was.

Sheepdog1968 said...

Hi Michael. I just saw this posting to Elmer Keith guns with photos. Wow. Very beautiful. Have you had a chance to see them in person?

http://www.gunsandammo.com/historical/elmer-keith-gun-collection-auction/

RickP said...

I have one of the original .44 Mags in 8" VH configuration. Also *had* a stainless .357 in the same 8" VH configuration that I foolishly sold many years ago. I just might have to snag one of these new models.

Sheepdog1968 said...

Michael, I think you might have some pull at browning. Looks like they liked your scout BLR. Now, if we could only get 10 round mags.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?fid=003B&cid=034&tid=026