The standard response to liberalizing CCW or allowing self defense is that it'll lead to "Dodge City" (which actually was rather peaceful compared to modern inner cities).And since I've been slack on celebrity coverage, here's the ever scintillating Jody Foster on gun control:
It's already here, as this Washington Post article illustrates.
Facts: a guy commits two murders, on the street, in front of dozens of witnesses. Despite offers of relocation and witness protection, only one will testify. The second murder, BTW, was of a witness to the first murder whom the perp thought (incorrectly) might be aiding police. Guy wins two acquittals.
The mother of the second victim starts investigating, and is warned her house would be shot up if she didn't stop. She stops and moves away.
When talk turned to gun control, a subject many movie critics will likely tackle in reviews for The Brave One, Foster commented:I can't go on...given a world of Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohans, I suppose there is some sick sense in Hollywood types living in fear of acting out. Out here in the Real World, however, we all have emotional ups and downs, and soemhow, against all odds, we manage not to shoot anyone! Or even wreck a Porsche. Amazing. I'm rethinking my stance on gun control, however...I now believe that gun control should be mandatory for anyone in Hollywood who has done any ONE of the following items:
"Isn't it possible that we all have that bit of insanity in us?
"That's why I'm for gun control. Absolutely… I don't believe that people should have access to life-or-death situations at any emotional time in their life.
"I don't really believe that a human being who feels [things] should have the option at their fingertips."
And while Foster took a strong stand against plastic surgery ("I’d rather have somebody go, 'Wow, that girl has a big nose' than 'Wow, that girl has a bad nose job.'")...
1) Donated money to the Hillary Clinton campaign.If you have answered yes to three or more of these questions, report immediately to the La Brea Tar Pits for mandatory euthenasia! Like, really...
2) Opened their own restaurant.
3) Had sex with Britney, Lindsay or a cocker spaniel.
4) Married Britney, Lindsay or a cocker spaniel.
5) Been found on Paris Hilton's speed dial.
6) Starred in a movie with Ben Stiller.
7) Partied with Sean Penn.
8) Bought a CD by 50 Cent (NOTE: pirating a 50 Cent CD is cool...play it like you stole it!)
9) Be born into or married into or blackmailed into the Michael Douglas family.
10) Thought for even one minute that Rosie O'Donnell was funny, or even human.