Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Saturday Funnies

From Days of Our Trailers:
The economy is so bad that I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail.

It’s so bad, I ordered a burger at McDonalds and the kid behind the counter asked, “Can you afford fries with that?”

The economy is so bad that CEO’s are now playing miniature golf.

The economy is so bad if the bank returns your check marked “Insufficient Funds,” you call them and ask if they meant you or them.

The economy is so bad Hot Wheels and Matchbox stocks are trading higher than GM.

The economy is so bad McDonalds is selling the 1/4 ouncer.

The economy is so bad parents in Beverly Hills fired their nannies and learned their children’s names.

The economy is so bad a truckload of Americans was caught sneaking into Mexico .

The economy is so bad Dick Cheney took his stockbroker hunting..

The economy is so bad Motel 6 won’t leave the light on anymore.

The economy is so bad the Mafia is laying off judges.

The economy is so bad Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen

4 comments:

Mathew Paust said...

Bob Hope lives! If you wrote these, Michael, you have yet another vocation. They're brilliant.

I'm feeling heady tonight, as I've just started my own blog. Check it out: http://esmeraldasden.blogspot.com/

Thirdpower said...

I got them from a forward from blogger TexasFred.

Michael, didn't realize you were one of my readers. I feel a little more important now. :)

Clark Kent said...

I see my URL didn't get thru as a live link. I'll try again. I also forgot to mention that the name of my blog is Gun Thoughts

Evidently my name above has become the live link to http://esmeraldasden.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I just heard this one this morning: "Things are so bad in the US economy that many highly educated and trained foreign immigrants are MOVING BACK to their home countries such as China and India! This is leading to brain-drain that might leave some holes in our technical worker supply." This one happens to be true.
So, America, let's get going and fill those gaps! At least WE still hold the brain-trust in firearms tech'. That shows that we can do it.
Life Member