Thursday, July 28, 2005

Paging Harrison Ford!

I'm turning Japanese
I think I'm turning Japanese
I really think so
Turning Japanese
I think I'm turning Japanese
I really think so

The Vapors
Turning Japanese

This from the BBC:
Japanese scientists have unveiled the most human-looking robot yet devised - a "female" android called Repliee Q1.

She has flexible silicone for skin rather than hard plastic, and a number of sensors and motors to allow her to turn and react in a human-like manner.

She can flutter her eyelids and move her hands like a human. She even appears to breathe.

[...]

"Repliee Q1 can interact with people. It can respond to people touching it. It's very satisfying, although we obviously have a long way to go yet."
Well, what can I say, except to note that all across America men are right now checking their credit card balances..."No, really, sweetheart, she vacuums and she takes out the garbage! ...Oh, she may look 16, but she's no different that the dishwasher...In fact, she is the dishwasher!...No, no, she was built that way...I asked if they had a model with smaller...you know...eyes, but they said that cost extra...Really..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somebody better get cracking on the Voight-Kampff test, pronto!

Anonymous said...

Can we shoot them? I call dibs on the Rucker Hauer model.