Saturday, November 14, 2009

Out-Of-Control Shopping!

Yep, in a huge frenzy of consumerism! So far, have replenished my near-empty chili larder (1 lb Harch medium-hot red chili powder, 1/2 lb green medium hot, 1lb red chili flakes hot) enough to keep me in heartburn until I come through here in June on the way to End of Trail. I also continued my frenzy with a cowboy cookbook which included pictures from the greatest western of all time that featured the Little People, "The Terror of Tiny Town," - you've seen it, right? - and a ray gun Christmas tree ornament.

Am suffering major ambivalence on the boot issue and solicit your advice. I went to Back at the Ranch, a boot place recommended by my old pal Randy Travis:

http://www.backattheranch.com/

And found the Boot'O'My Dreams...black, Day of the Dead, skulls, etc. The drawback is that they're a tad expensive, moreso for me than Randy T. My Sweetie pointed out that I never agonize about guns, which cost more than boots and require costly ammo to keep functioning.

What do you all think?


-- Post From The Road

10 comments:

Secesh said...

I think your sweetie is right, go for it. We only go around once, make the most of it.

Anonymous said...

+1

Good boots last a lifetime.

Ratcatcher55

aggie52 said...

The ones you picked look good for a motorcyclist, but if you want to cowboy up, you need these:
http://backattheranch.com/Boots/Exotic_Skin_Boots/index.html

Regards, Rosie

George said...

Michael,
Your sweetie is setting you up! If you buy a pair of boots for $1698, who can you ever complain about her buying five pair of shoes at $500 a pair?

Seriously, look at another pair. The "Mad Max" looking boots you selected just aren't "you". I saw several more traditional pair of boots that looked really good. And there are the ones that are made from croc hides that go for around $5K.....

Anonymous said...

Sorry, they look cool and all, but there is no way in the universe I would spend $1700 for a pair of boots or any other footwear.

That's in the same category as people who pay hundreds of dollars for a pair of designer jeans, when a simple $20 pair from Walmart works just as well.

A fool and his money are soon departed....

Anonymous said...

I know this is a silly question to ask about really "COOL LOOKING" boots, but, how do they feel on your feet ?
Tom Bogan

Sanjuancb said...

I almost had a heart attack when I saw the price of those boots. You can buy a pair of Ariat Cobalt Pro's for around $160 and I can guarantee you that you won't find a more comfortable pair of boots than those (gel in footbed). Plus, they look good too...

nj_larry said...

Personally my footwear leans toward the nylon walking shoes with Velcro straps. Then when Hoppie comes on TV I strap on my dual six guns and cowboy hat ! Yippie !!

Mathew Paust said...

Best, most comfortable, most durable boots I've ever owned are Duluth Trading Co.'s "Mud Dog Boots," for just under $100. Take a look at 'em. Try 'em. They're real cowboy boots!

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/clothes-workwear/mens/mens-shoes-mens-boots/43133.aspx?feature=product_11

Dave S. said...

"And found the Boot'O'My Dreams...black, Day of the Dead, skulls, etc. The drawback is that they're a tad expensive"

Actually, the drawback is that they're uglier than a bag of hammered a**holes.