Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hoops, My Dear!



Soooooo, I think it's obvious that the hoop skirt is on the verge of a big comeback, right? And guys, Christmas is coming up, and I'll bet you your Significant Other would be blown away by her very own set of hoops...or not. Still, I bet it's a gift she (or that very special "he") won't be expecting.

I think this big gun reenactment will make a pretty interesting SHOOTING GALLERY...if the show has any mission, per se, it's to show the length and breadth of what we think of as the Gun Culture, and sometimes thank length and breadth surprises even me. There are thousands of people here in Virginia for the event, and it's absolutely fascinating. I never really thought of reenactment as a "lifestyle," but I was clearly wrong.

BTW, I strongly urge you to cruise on over to DRTV and read the comments on last week's podcast, which I think are more articulate that this week's podcast!

Ron Norton from Chiappa Firearms came out with one of his production Rhinos...I can't wait to get my hands on it and get out to the range. Really slick action on the little beast.

Dead on my feet, so I'm off to bed....BTW, like the new hat? I think it makes me look like Tom Petty in the "Don't Come Around Here No More" classic video...maybe I'll go ask Alice...I think she'll know...sorry...hat's from Dirty Billy Hats, who did many of the hats in "Tombstone." Called a "Quaker crown."

-- Post From The Road

5 comments:

DamDoc said...

The hat is a classic .... The hoops? Well....

Tim Covington said...

Your DRTV link is broken. It has an extra http://

Fiftycal said...

How about a chick in a hoop skirt shooting a punt gun? That would be a period piece, right? Oh, JUST a hoop shirt.

led said...

veste moncler femme
Moncler Enfant
doudoune femme
doudoune homme
moncler bulgarie
doudoune montclair
blousons moncler
Moncler
Moncler jacken
Moncler jacke
moncler daunenjacke
moncler weste

Anonymous said...

If you’re having doubts about the versatility of lace boots, which has already become a “trend” from a lot of designers these days, then perhaps you might want to choose a sturdier alternative to that; and indeed, I am talking about these Black patent pumps
.