Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Mizzable Afternoon on the Range...

…35 mph wind, luckily blowing straight toward the target. I was shooting off my 50-yard bench, sighting in my Sweetie's 3-Gun Stag 3G competition rifle after refitting the now-repaired Swaro 1-6X in a Burris PEPR AR mount. Been a while since I shot this gun, and I've forgotten what a SWEET rifle this is! Of course me, the rifle, the scope and everything else is coated with a fine layer of dust from the wind. Yeech.



It being Tequila Tuesday, I decided to go for something a little different. Instead of my usual lemon juice, I went with a heavily lime juice combo (10 limes, 2 lemons squeezed). I combined that with one of my favorite tequilas, Milagro Blanco, mixed with equal parts Grand Marnier and Patron Citronge Lime. Be wary wary careful with the Patron Lime…it is crazy sweet and requires a gentle touch.

I decided to pair that with a sort of Spanish/Tuscan treatment with a couple of pieces of fresh swordfish steaks — seared, then gently cooked with onions, garlic, olives, tomatoes, parsley — and a side of stir fried bok choy. And my Sweetie's homemade Italian bread, of course!

4 comments:

PlzenPlinker said...

Can't sell the wife on Citrónge Orange, haven't tried the Lime though. LOVE Milagro. Looks like a margarita night now!

Anonymous said...

I like to use equal parts of tequila, fresh squeezed lime juice, and orange liquer. I happen to like Citron orange, but Grand Marnier works just fine.

If it needs to be sweeter, I add a bit of agave or a little Rose's lime to taste.

nj larry said...

Like the golfers sa.... A bad day on the range is way better than digging trenches in winter. Or a million other jobs that barely pay the bills. Consider yourself lucky in the extreme. :)

Anonymous said...

Man, I hope that the enamel on your teeth can withstand all of that citric acid! You'll need to gargle with baking soda afterward. ; )

If you all out there want to have a good, no GREAT summer drink, a local restaurant up here in Michigan used to make what they called a "White Knight" . It was 2 oz.'s each of good scotch and Kahlua; 1 oz. each of Drambuie and Gran Marnier, 2 scoops of French Vanilla ice cream and 4 ice cubes. Toss this all into a blender and "pulse" just until the ice cubes are shredded. Pour into a tall frozen glass and sit back and enjoy.

Life Member