Monday, May 09, 2011

Well Anyway

I had great plans for today, but ended up working like a dog until the afternoon, when my Sweetie and I sprinted to the range for an intense afternoon with a Texas Star (actually an MGM Whirlybird-Gig). After we burned through a couple of hundred rounds in the cowboy guns, we shifted to my Ruger Rimfire guns -- the Ruger Target 10/22 with the Vorquartsen trigger groups and parts, my Tactical Solutions 22/45 blood red Ruger and the TS 1911 conversion unit on the Kimber Target that my Sweetie has claimed for her own.

She was amazed at how well the TS/Kimber shot -- hey, it's a dedicated target gun and it shoots like a house afire. We were using CCI Mini Mags, not the pinnacle of target ammo, but they were still little bitty groups.

It seems that another club wants to run the Colorado state RRC championships in early September, which we're cool with. I may go to irons for the rifle, and I 'm planning on using the TS 22/45 (same I used in last year's World Championships) unless I can get one if the threaded barrel 22/45s with the replaceable 1911 grips...on a competition gun, I want ALUMAGRIPS...yeah, I'm boring. I just keep doing the same thing over and over again. I'd go with TS muzzle break if I can put the gun together in time. I'd probably need trigger work, so I'd better start groveling to Jimmy Clark or Scott Vorquartsen...sounds like a lot of work, whereas my 22/45 is in the safe...

I do have a Falcon Machining S&W 41 we built up more than a decade ago when I was writing for HANDGUNS Magazine ("The Next Skeeter Skelton! LOL!). It's a serious (if finicky) tack-driver, but the TS 22/45,will shot alongside it and use Federal Gold Medal Match instead of the real exotic (and expensive) stuff the 41 likes...

No comments: