Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Vaguely Human...

I must be feeling better, because I woke from an afternoon nap thinking about my Turnbull 1911. When I wake up thinking about guns, it's usually a good thing.For the last week I've been waking up thinking about snot.

Anyway, what I was thinking was that the Turnbull 1911 featured in last season"s SHOOTING GALLERY episode on Wild Bunch shooting (where my Sweetie and that bowler-hatted devil Turnbull conspired to build me a custom 1911, those scalawags!) was that it is so good it needs to be morphed into my semiauto BBQ Gun. Get Doug to color caseharden the frame , which looks just soooooooooo cool. Save my pennies until I can afford some real, honest to goodness ivory grips, although bark mammoth ivory would certainly be considered. I suspect a couple of things from Wicked Grips might be forthcoming. And the leather! That'll take months of agonizing! LOL!

I hope this is a good sign vis-a-vis recovery.

I did locate and but some Federal 7.62/.308 168-gr Match, which the Colt 901 I have prefers, which is a Good Thing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better and on the topic of snot check these guys out.

http://youtu.be/qyB9YMLKSfQ

Shredderr said...

Glad you're feeling better!

Well, I was happy that some 9mm that I orderered back at the end of December finally arrived today. That $11.99 price looks awfully cheap now!

DamDoc said...

I recommend the NettiPot.. I haven't had a cold in years (knock on wood).. Especially good after flying, and breathing airline bilge... Good after being in the Central Valley when the winds (and the dust) kick up.. or after a mule trip on a dusty trail to a high altitude dam.. keeps the sinuses clean as a whistle, and washes away the germs...

Anonymous said...

I'll help with the leather.

E. J. Redding

Michael Bane said...

E.J., you were reading my mind!!!!!!!!!

mb